Existing Member?

European Adventure 2016 2 sisters backpacking 11 countries in 1 month!

Stop 1 on our European Tour

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 30 July 2016 | Views [461]

So because I have been so busy and totally jet lagged I haven't had a moment to sit and write. But finally I have some downtime. Beginning our journey on a 6 1/2 hour flight from Toronto into London Gatwick. The flight was excellent and the food actually really good. No screaming babies no loud talkers, only complaint you'll hear from me is that I had ZERO leg room. Why can't they make plans a little more spaced out or at least if you're super tall like me let us have the extra room sections. By the way for those who don't know I am 6'3". Customs was my favourite part because yes I indeed got my very first passport stamp!! Once off the plane it was very easy to find the express train into the heart of London which was a short 20 minutes. Now once we arrived that was a whole other story. Let's just say that Victoria station is crazy!! But we figured things out and grabbed a bus to our hotel. Once there we dropped off our bags as it was before check in and we really didn't want to lug our stuff around. Lucky for us our hotel was located only 10 minutes from many interesting things like the London Eye which is of course right on the River Thames. We were blown away by the beauty of the city and we'd only been there a few hours. The hotel we stayed at was The Tune Hotel on Westminister Bridge Road. Very cool modern place that was super eco friendly, but our room was kinda a disaster. Our room looked like the place hadn't been cleaned properly and upon further inspection the sheets were completely dirty from the previous guests. I'll spare you the gross details but it was indeed disgusting. When I asked for new bedding the housekeeper gave me them and I had to change them. Not exactly the greatest service. Oh does it get worse why yes, yes it does. We went to plug something in the wall and blew the breaker and lost all power to our room. When we called mantainece he treated us like idiots and was incredibly rude. Wasn't impressed with our stay nonetheless. However we didn't dwell on this as we were much too excited to be in Europe and London. Our first whole day there we had a tour which took us to Windsor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge. All three were amazing and would seriously suggest seeing them all. Our tour was with the company Evan Evan's with our guide Mark. He was fantastic!! Full of information and was such an entertaining gentleman. Really made the tour that much better. Day 3 consisted of a Hop on Hop off tour where we saw many of the many sights around London. In the afternoon was of course what I have been waiting for the HARRY POTTER STUDIO TOUR!!!! Quite literally the best thing ever, and I sure spent way too much money haha! I would easily go back time and time again if I could! And finally I got to meet a online friend of mine for the first time as she lives in London and I am so happy I finally got to do so!! What a great way to end our time in London as we flew out to Glasgow the following day. The city is crazy busy as is our own Toronto and I can't say I'd want to live there specifically because of that reason but I sure would love to go back some day!!

Tags: bath, bcpckngbrtns, bcpckngbrtns2016, europe 2016, harry potter, london england, stonehenge, windsor castle

About bcpckngbrtns


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.