Existing Member?

Away From Home Please Leave A Message A Journal, a page, a story, an update of my long summer vacation(s).

The end is here

USA | Saturday, 29 August 2009 | Views [451]

The last two days are upon me. I am running around buying a few things, packing, and saying goodbye.

The goodbyes mostly entail a group of friend wanting to take me out for food and drinks. The Thai's like to start late and the expats start early, but ends up finishing in the early mornings. So far I am on my third goodbye and I am tired.

Speaking of the Thai's being late, that's one of the things that I have trouble with in Thailand. The Thai's sense of direction is horrible. I stayed at a hotel and was using the map provided by them to ask directions to a place. The front desk man circle a place on the map then said this is the hotel. At that point in a puzzled sort of way he scanned the map and could not find where I should go. I took the map and off I go on my own to find my destination. Staring at the circle he drew and finally realizing he made a mistake. On the map was a large picture/symbol of the hotel marking its location, which was not where he circled. He couldn't find it my destination because he couldn't find the hotel he worked at on the map provided by his hotel.

I will be home soon..... see you then

About baker

Angkor Wat

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.