Existing Member?

Away From Home Please Leave A Message A Journal, a page, a story, an update of my long summer vacation(s).

The End is Near

USA | Sunday, 23 August 2009 | Views [502]

What's to like about Thailand

The people in Thailand are very good people. They are friendly, wanting to know where you are from, your family and what it is like in your country. Thai's in large are poor and don't have the opportunity to travel or travel far from home. Your stories tell them how life is outside their home. Did you learn to share in kindergarten? Well the Thai's love to share there food and drinks with others. They want you to taste not only Thai food, but food from their particular region. It might mean you eat some bugs or something live. Thai taxis drivers sre always husting for a fare, but even if you say no to them and ask them directions they are more then willing to help.

The food on the streets is another aspect that I find brings me back. Walking the streets you see different carts selling only one item for part of the day. If you cruise the streets long enough you might be able to try all the foods available. I must admit not all the food on display is appealing, but when cooked it turns into a work of art.

Driving is not necessary in Thailand. Taxis, skyways, subways, Tuk-Tuk, and moto-taxis are the varied means of transportation. The cost is cheap. Why is this a good thing, well I hate driving, and in Thailand it is something I don't worry about. The traffic is bad here, but what time is the 405 or 10 not backed up. People who live in areas with little traffic hate the traffic here, but I tell them L.A. ain't different.

After traveling here for a few years I have made some good friends. It is always great coming back and catching up with their lives. They ask why don't I stay here and I must admit the attraction is strong. I really don't have a great answer one way or another, but I can say one day. Never predict the future.

About baker

Angkor Wat

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.