Existing Member?

Away From Home Please Leave A Message A Journal, a page, a story, an update of my long summer vacation(s).

Cats and Dogs

USA | Monday, 17 August 2009 | Views [456]

Walking home one late night, far from the house, it started to spit rain. I quicken the pace home just to find that the rain becomes a downpour, and it lasted for about two hours. During this time my phone and camera, which are in my jeans, are slowly drowning. Their death came soon after, this was my second phone on this trip, and the camera was six years old, may they rest in pieces.

The rain afforded me the opportunity to hold a large umbrella for three women and myself during the downpour. They were operating a street bar and were caught like me in the rain. We made the best of the situation, I bought myself few drinks, they made them, and since the rain was not letting up I bought them some shots.

Jon from Hong Kong showed up for the weekend. It was drinks in the evening and sightseeing in the afternoon heat. Jon likes street food and that makes it easy to find food to eat. It also keeps it in the budget. He was impressed with my selections. He also mentioned that my apartment was in a prime location.

Going now. A foot massage soon 

About baker

Angkor Wat

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.