Existing Member?

Away From Home Please Leave A Message A Journal, a page, a story, an update of my long summer vacation(s).

LAOS II

LAOS | Wednesday, 23 July 2008 | Views [659] | Comments [2]

Last full day here and I am starting off the day writing this blog. I am better today than yesterday. After a long nap in the room, it was out to get some comfort food. The pizza I had hit the spot. The rest of the day will have me walking around, shopping, taking pictures, and a massage.

Vientaine is a place where time seems to go ever so slow. One sits by the Mekong river and watches the sunset as you sip on a cold beer. A capital city that is very small in size, so walking from one end to the next is easy. It does remind me of Khao San Rd in Bangkok. It has a large number of Europeans. They tend to stay within their groups. There are white men with dreadlocks and wearing pants that are not pants, but not shorts either. People are wearing things here that they would not at home. I might even say some of the people here are "sketchy" or not of high morals. The use of drugs is one thing that brings people here and the locals sell it, but I think some non-locals are in the market. They ride around on bikes day and night.

I would tell someone if this is your first trip abroad, then Vientaine is the best place to start. Its small, slow, and cheap. I would even recommend families. I not saying there is a water park, but the people love children. The streets are easy on baby strollers. one can get food kinda like home.

See Ya,

baker

Comments

1

Steven,

Enjoyed your blog so far. Sounds exotic. We miss you for work denial Sunday drinking.

  Jack Samuels Jul 25, 2008 7:58 AM

2

Baker,

Food poisening sucks..

  Gene Rathswohl Aug 2, 2008 5:11 AM

About baker

Angkor Wat

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.