Existing Member?

Away From Home Please Leave A Message A Journal, a page, a story, an update of my long summer vacation(s).

Laos, Vientaine

LAOS | Tuesday, 22 July 2008 | Views [590]

Flew to Laos for about 300 US. I am staying 5 days and 4 nights. I have never been, so I am just playing it loose.

I got in around 12 noon to my guest house. I used the extra day to walk around the city. I hate getting lost and this is the one day I factor-in getting lost. I use the lonely planet map to get around. It is a very small city. I was surprised to find the weather very cool. I took a long nap and got up for dinner. I will say that the food here is the same as Thai, less spicey. I hit the street stalls for some chicken and noodles with a big beer. I found an expat bar down from where I am staying. I sat and watch the locals and had some beers.

I decided on the 2nd day to do a walking tour from the Lonely Planet guide. It's about 3-6 hours long. I visit some shopping, food, and temples. The weather is not the same as yesterday. It is hot. Hotter than Bangkok. So hot that after a shower I sit outside in the shade and watch my shirt get soaked as I do nothing at all. The walking tour was cut short and I took a nap.

I am on day 3 and I must say I don't feel great. I wake up early to breakfast and visit the most famous site in Vientiane. I forget the name, but its used on the cover of most travel guides. I walk all the way there. Its about an hour. I walk around and take pictures. I decide I must get to my place quick, so a Tuk-Tuk is needed. I get home and sleep most of the day. I am now writing this to you. I am the most sick I have been on my travels. I am really tried, my stomach does flip-flops, and the need to be close to a toilet.   

We will see what the rest of the trip brings

Bye,

Baker

About baker

Angkor Wat

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.