Existing Member?

Ben and Ange - On the Road

Hiking Warm-Up

ARGENTINA | Saturday, 16 February 2008 | Views [771]

Can´t resist a natural frame

Can´t resist a natural frame

Figuring that we´re in Patagonia and that the BIG THING to do in Patagonia is hiking.... we thought we betta get some practice in! 

Around here it´s all canals, lakes, mountains and forests.  I KNOW!  Ho-hum, I hear you say... :-) 

I confess the scenery around here has me gabbling away like some kid discovering that leggo sets come with WHEELS!  I´m stating the obvious all over the place (and tripping over stuff while doing it) but loving every second of it.

The hikes we´ve embarked on have been wee 3-4 hr ones which are rated "medium".  SO much tougher than the "soft" ones! While it may say "medium", We´ve since decided that is a rating reserved for NON flat-landers.  We´ve made it to the end of each trek...in the time allowed even! But the huffing and puffing along the way has been enough to worry Thomas, Gordon and the whole SHED of engines!

Beautiful beautiful hikes!  I´ll try to let the photees do the talking.... but the changes from forest to coast to bog to mountain to lake are enough to leave me quite enraptured!  Is that a word??

Somehow the weather has been totally in sync with us!  We´ve set out to have a lay-day between each of our trekkin days (a vague attempt to get lumbars and discs and vertebrae in general to do as they oughta) and it seems to be paying off!  Each trekking day has shown blue, blue skies - crisp clear days and each lay-day has clouded over and drizzled even!  How polite is that?!

So folks.  As this wee entry gets uploaded, we´re off to get ourselves a boat to the Ice Continent! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

We´ll be off the air for the 10 days and y´all should be warned that when we get back, the photo gallery may be a tad longer than usual :-)

Catch you then!

Tags: Mountains

 

About bagen

Rotto Self Portrait

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.