Existing Member?

In the big wide world A day in a life of ben!

This & That . . . . .

MALAYSIA | Tuesday, 13 October 2009 | Views [563] | Comments [5]

This is just a quick update as time is money when your paying for the internet!

I'm in Thailand at the moment on a beach called Railay, but before that I went To koh phangan (an Island) for the full moon party. It was mental there were about 6,000-10,000 people there, not that I did a head count. They had all sorts of music there all across the beach to try & katter for all people tastes. After that I went to Koh Lanta, also an Island near Koh Phi Phi. I didn't want to go to Koh Phi Phi though course its just a pisshead Island & I just came from one of them. Koh Lanta was a nice chilled out hippy place, & I did as little as possible. I went to those two Islands with this guy from Finland that I was travelling with for two weeks, before we went to different places. It was nice to have some to travel for a while, who was on the same page as me.

So now that brings me back to where I am now, Railey near Krabi. I went there course its meant to be one of the best places for rock climbing, & it is amazing! Its got beautiful view when your hanging off the side of a cliff. It was 800 baht for a half day rock climbing, which is only 16 pounds! I don't mean to brag but I am a natural born climber, & I think I have found a hobby for life if not a career. 

Anyways I'm having a great time & don't think I'm going to be home any time soon. Its just a much better life style, cheaper & the people you meet, other travellers & the locals. I think I have been bitten! By the travelling bug, & once that happens there's no going back. The only reason why I would go back to England is for my friends & family, if it wasn't for that I would stay for LIFE!

Miss you all, hope everything is ok in your life's?    

Comments

1

Sounds like your having a fantastic time Ben, glad your doing something other than drinking.....or getting lost in the jungle!!
We miss you lots here, and wish you would come back at some point.
love you
Mum
xxx

  Mum Oct 14, 2009 7:17 AM

2

Love the fact that you are having a good time, rock climbing ,sounds fun ,but rock falling hurts. So please take care
We also have prats in west London that cant understand a “for sale price “so the Ferrari hasn’t been sold yet, but it will go for the right price soon I hope

  grandad Bob Oct 15, 2009 8:18 AM

3

Sounds amazing mate

  Joel Oct 21, 2009 10:39 AM

4

Hi Ben, glad you're enjoying Thailand. Vix and I did the full moon when we went, absolute carnage! Did you get to see other bits of Koh Phangyan? There are some really nice beaches there, and an awesome marine park boat trip type thing. Phi Phi is supposed to be as stunning as Railay. I've not done either myself, but they're top of the list for next time!! Be good to see your pics when you get back. Sounds like the rock climbing's fun... keep having fun mate, sounds awesome.
Nick

  Nick Oct 23, 2009 3:22 AM

5

Mate... Thailand is awesome!! ... I knew u would get the travelling bug dude!!.. Have fun, be safe... And enjoy the chicks (the ones without dicks!!)

  Mikee Oct 26, 2009 8:53 AM

About b_mc1989


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.