Existing Member?

Discovering the world one step at a time

viang veng

LAOS | Saturday, 2 August 2014 | Views [377]

6 hours to do 200km shows you the state of roads in lao. Lots of winding roads in a minivan, which fyi is the only way to get there and around most of lao. Great views if yoi can hold your stomach.

Viang veng is definitely an example of when laos tries too hard to please foreigners.  Its hard to find any traditional lao food places. Great baguettes though! Thanks to the french! 

Viang veng is famous for the tubing. That is floaring down the river in a rubber ring and the steering yourself into one of a handful of bars. It does sound run until you see the lethal combination of water and alcohol.  Lots of people have actually died. 

Instead we choose to go kayaking,  lots more fun. All day including lunch and tubing in a cave. We went past the tubbers and even visited a bar. However, I didnt want to drink at 2pm and it was expensive for lao. We paid 70,000k for the kayaking.  

Stayed at central backpackers, private doubles with en suite 80,000 k the best hostel ive stayed in. It is hotel standards.  

 

About azariah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.