Existing Member?

Discovering the world one step at a time

Hanoi

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 12 August 2014 | Views [282]

First stop in Vietnam. Flew into the capital to start our 10 day tour with GoAsia. This is an all inclusive tour we brought on a scoopon deal in Australia. I was so looking forward to staying in a 3 star hotel and havibg everything organised for me! The hotel in hanoi was amazing. A lovely guy in the hotel called David spoke perfect English and was so helpful in helping us with our luggage. We spent 2 days in halong bay. We spent the night on the boat, it was very luxurious with our own private cabin. We met a great couple from new Zealand who were also on the same tour s us. Halong bay is full of limestone cliff islands. It was surrounded by turquoise water. I was a bit disappointed with the rubbish in the water. It was an excellent trip with a swimming session and climb to the peak to take pictures of the amazing view. The afternoon was spent kayaking in a duo around the calm bay all with a tour guide helping us. The food onboard was excellent. On the return trip we had a lesson on how to make flowers from vegetables. Hanoi was a brilliant city, with a vibrant night market. We also met 2 cute vietnamse girls who wanted to chat to us to practice their English. They were so cute and we loved exchanging culture differences.

About azariah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.