Existing Member?

The Road Well Travelled Around the world in 365 days: SE Asia - Europe - UK - USA

Rained Out

CROATIA | Sunday, 26 July 2009 | Views [412]

The Doctor writes: We finally get to the now infamous town of Dubrovnik after a not so pleasant bus ride along the coast due to me feeling a bit crook and it looks like a really nice place.

Firstly we get picked up by the nicest lady who takes us to our hostel which ends up being perfect except for the location.

So the next day we walk to the old town and see what’s there to see.

The old town is surrounded by massive walls that are still very much intact that your also allowed to walk along, which in fact I did. But before that we explored the inside and its just like Kotor only bigger. So it was more impressive in my mind and looked even better from the view on top of the walls and towers.

We sit down for dinner where the meal was average and they charged me 1 Euro for parmesan cheese...I should have stolen the salt and pepper shaker for that ridiculous charge.

That’s pretty much all we did at Dubrovnik. So on to Split to try and catch a boat to one of the islands.


Unfortunately the weather has turned against us and its been raining for the past few days in Split and so we left there and now we're in Zagreb, the capital.


Wasn’t much doing in Zagreb due to the rain. Didn’t stay there long and there wasn’t really any need to.

About awjh


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Croatia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.