Existing Member?

The Road Well Travelled Around the world in 365 days: SE Asia - Europe - UK - USA

Serbian Cafes Are For Drinks

SERBIA | Monday, 22 June 2009 | Views [536]

The Doctor writes: We get to Belgrade the capital and our hostel is only a stone throw away across the road from the train station. This place looks dodgy from the outside and the lift that struggled to make it up the 6 floors didn’t help matters. The room also ended up being literally a room with nothing else in it but a fold out couch and that’s all you could fit in it basically. After settling in we decide to head off to the ancient part of town, which has towers and walls from medieval times. It was a fairly hot day and it was a long trek getting there, when we finally got there it wasn’t really anything to write home about...really just a few walls standing and a couple of plain looking towers. So we decide to head off to the more contemporary parts of the city. The pedestrian walk way of the CBD was actually really nice with lots of people going about there business and rows of cafes where we found out only serve drinks as the Serbs like to just sit on a single drink (non alcoholic) for ages. So we found it hard to find any food. It was good when we finally did find some food as we could just sit down and relax while the manmade mist from hoses cooled us down while we people watched. Belgrade didn’t really seem to have that much in terms of sites and historic relics, but it def had something about that I really liked. After filling in some time at the movies watching Matthew McConaughey do yet another romantic comedy we gathered our things and headed off to Bar in Montenegro.

About awjh


Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Serbia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.