Existing Member?

China Experience

TEFL Training - Week Two

CHINA | Saturday, 10 August 2013 | Views [668]

 

After the first week of training it was time for a couple days off!

For our planned day trip as a group it was off to the Summer Palace!

Such a big Palace, but truly amazing. Definitely need to go back and see it in Winter. With the ice and snow!

The second day of our "weekend" was spent at the Temple of Heaven" doing Kung Fu! There was a group of 8 of us that ventured out on a fine and hot Beijing day to the Temple to meet with the famous Kung Fu Guru to learn the best. While there was a lot of theory involved it was good to learn the history behind Kung Fu and Tai Chi and why people still to this day are practiced in these arts.

After Kung Fu, Jenny, Sue and Myself went with the organiser of the Kung Fu, David, and his girlfriend Jodi, to a Chinese restaurant for an amazing meal! Set in one of the well known restaurant districts in Beijing, in a rooftop terrace, we enjoyed the sunset while having a beer to wash down the deliciousness that was our dinner. Around the corner and into a dark alley way, there was a tiny brewery that made quite a nice drop. Couldn't stay too long as it was a school night, so it was off to the subway station for the hour long journey home.

Another week of classes followed.

Tags: beijing, china, food, summer palace, ttc

About aussie_ange


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.