Existing Member?

China Experience

TEFL Training - Week One

CHINA | Sunday, 4 August 2013 | Views [641]

I left the Sydney International Airport on 2013/06/29 not knowing who or what to expect. After an 11 hour flight I landed safely within the Beijing International Airport with a young man, Jonathon, waiting to pick me up and take me to my hime for the next 4 weeks. With the J man at the airport was a fellow Sydney girl, Jia, who was also going to be experiencing China. From the airport it was an hour long drive to "home".

Home was the Beijing Union University. It was here on the first day that I met my roommate Jenny. Best. Roommate. Ever. Beer and pizza finished of the first day at BUU.

The second day was a trip to the Forbidden City. Here I experienced the "celebrity" like status that comes from being blonde and "white". The day was long, even though we only spent two hours at the City, That was enough. With our feet sore, backs sore and bellies hungry, it was time to head home and meet the other participants in the Teach Travel China crew.

The third day came and it was time for the get to know you games. Met the teachers that would be responsible for helping us learn how to teach and the fellow interns that would make or break the following 4 weeks.

The first weekend was spent at school, in a classroom, learning. Could think of a better way to spend a weekend in the city of Beijing!

Tags: beijing, china, classes, teacher, tefl

About aussie_ange


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.