Existing Member?

August & Tim Sth America

Puerto Madryn

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 31 January 2008 | Views [591] | Comments [1]

THe remainder of our time in Buenos Aires involved pretty much partying! We had a big night at the hostel for Australia day, and listened to JJJ via the net. Unfortunately, some pommey guy decided he didn´t like it at no. 46 and we had to listen to his DJíng. But this didn´t deter us from continuing the party to the wee hours. The next night we followed it up by heading our into the city to Barein. The Argentinians have a seriously warped time clock which involved not going out until 2am in the morning! So we had a siesta a went out, and crawled home when the sun came up!! We found some local boys to hang out with who was friends with the DJ so we had to stay to the end!! We did manage to do some touristy things during the day including visiting Palermo (the garden city) and La Boca (the colourful city). La Boca was beautiful with colourful builings, tango in the street, and the famous La Boca Jnrs stadium in the background. Lucky they played in Mar de Plata the night before as we have been warned the place can be pretty rough when a match is on.

So now we are in Puerto Madryn which involved an overnight bus trip for 20hrs. It surprisingly wasn´t too bad as the buses are good quality here. This is the town of whale watching and wildlife. Unfortunately we went to book a tour which involved swimming with dolphions and seeing the local wildlife, but they were not going out to sea as the wind was too strong. So today we took the bikes and rode out to Punta Lombo where there is a seal colony. This was going to be an easy ride (so we thought).... 19 km each way later on a sandy road and hot beaming sun proved not to be. But we made it and had a well earnt dip in the ocean among the twenty thousand other people here! Argentinians appeap to be obsessed with tanning (August copped a few stares with her pasty white skin!) and beach sports. Thats about it for this town.

Tomorrow we head to El Calafate where we will see the moving glacier, then off to Torres Del Paine for the 5 day ´w´walk.

Until then - Hast Luego.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

oh the joys of pneumatic tyres, sand and a razor edge saddle

  phil Jan 31, 2008 9:41 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.