Existing Member?

August & Tim Sth America

Buenos Aires

ARGENTINA | Friday, 25 January 2008 | Views [677]

Well - We made it! And guess what? The steak and red wine really are fantastic as we found out on the first night of arrival.

The flight from Cape Town was ardous of course but went without hiccups, so we collected out bags, bought uno litro of vodka for a ridiculously cheap price (for Aus day of course) then sety out to find our hostel in the city. The hostel has a great feel about it - a guy we met in Cape Town recommended we stay here adn he was right! After a freshen up we had our real welcome to Buenos Aires with an all you can eat BBQ with all you can drink red wine. That to me was a recipe for disaster, however the red wine in a 2L bottle was surprisingly good, and YES the steak and chorizo were fantastic!! They don¨¨t call this the party city for nothing!

Today we slept in to lose the jetlag and set out to see the sights of the cit´, did a little window shopping, looked at some amazing old building that has been here since the 1800´S and managed to buy a bus ticket to Puerto Madryn with a little spanish and a little english on their behalf. ( we are very happy with this!!)

The language is quite difficult, but i think with a little confidence and practice we should get by fine considering how we went on Day 1 (minus a few blank looks to people!!!).

So not many photos yet, but we are here until Mon when we set off down the Atlantic Coast and into Patagonia. A short 20HR bus ride shuld get us to our destination (in reclining chairs and overnight - hoping for the best). we´¨ll see som;e more of Buenos Aires in the next few days and keep you updated.

Mean while i can¨t find the key to turn caps lock off. and my finger is sore from holding the shift key down! The keyboards will take a little getting used to i thing.

hasta luego!

Tags: Food & eating

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.