Existing Member?

August & Tim Sth America

Cape Town

SOUTH AFRICA | Saturday, 19 January 2008 | Views [569] | Comments [3]

Well after a long and ardous journey between Bangkok,Kuala Lumpur and Johanesburg we finally arrived in a rainy Cape Town on Wednesday morning.If you ever get the chance to travel with Malasia Airlines, DONT!!.We have had nothing but hassel with them sine we booked.The last leg they put us behind 3 kids under the age of 4 who would rival the 3 tenors for the remdetions they gave over 18 hours of lung piercing screaming.....

After we arrived the weather seemed to pick up and our spirits too.Sun has been shining since even though it has been a bit windy.We bummed around in the sun on Wed and just got used to the place.Then on Thursday we went on the Robin Island tour to see where Mandela was detained for 16 of his 27 years.It was a realy great and humbling experience as you get shown around by former political prisoners not men in red ties with shiny faces!!!!Before we left for the island we spotted some cool woldlife in the harbour including a great white shark bumming around 5 meters from the marina front and a few seals teasing the big fella...

Today then we headed to the Cape of Good Hope and Cape point on a bicyle tour.Had great weather for it but the wind was just unbelivably strong so progress was slow given the load on our bikes!!!

The plan for the next few days is to go to beach as the forecast is 30+ and we havent hit beach yet so its as good a chance as any.Hopefully the wind will down before we go so as we can do a walk up table mountain(4-5 hours) otherwise we will do the tourist thing and get the cable car, but winds have been so high the last few days not even that has been open!! After that we will prob do the market and maybe a township tour.The photos of Cape Town so far are up and dont be afraid to leave messages guys.

Then we are at the mercy of Malasian Airlines to Buenos Aires where we will talk again my friends.Until then.

Hasta Luego

Tags: The Great Outdoors

Comments

1

Sounds Great,
MA must have gone downhill! We have finally got some rain here and the creek is up again. The endless summer was getting a bit much! Fire danger lower now too. The visit to N Mandella cell would be an emotional experience, poor guy. Can't believe the shark pic :0 I hope swimming is out?? Lasta leava DW

  Denise Jan 20, 2008 10:56 AM

2

Hey August & Camel-features,
Its great to hear that ye are enjoying Cape-town. I'm soooo jealous. Its miserable here, and even worse, Vera Duckworth died in Coronation Street!!! Could life BE any worse?
Love
Mairead x x x

  Mairead Jan 21, 2008 10:48 PM

3

Heya,
Hope alls well-dead jealous wud love to be off travelling!!Drop me an email to let me know how yer doing?
Wen ye back in good ole eire??

  Jacqueline Hickey Jan 25, 2008 2:24 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.