Existing Member?

A Thousand Miles 12 Volunteering Projects. 6 Continents. One Amazing Trip.

Why World Nomads?

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 23 March 2007 | Views [410]

When we decided to take up the challenge of 'A Thousand Miles' we knew we wanted to use a blogging platform to follow our travels. That way, people all over the world could follow our travels with a few clicks of the mouse.

Problem is ... there are a lot of websites out there that offer travel blogs. So why did we choose World Nomads?

Like we said, there a lot of great websites out there offering travel blogs. Some have interactive maps, others offer forums and some even link your destinations to guides and information sections. But World Nomads had something a bit different.

We decided to write our blogs on the World Nomads site because as well as a great blogging platform, World Nomads share some of the same values.

- 'A Thousand Miles' is committed to environmentally friendly travel and offsetting any carbon emissions that we contribute to the environment. World Nomads is quite similar - committing to becoming a carbon neutral company.

- The most important reason behind 'A Thousand Miles' is about giving back to the communities that we visit. In every location we're going to be volunteering and helping out as much as possible. That's what 'A Thousand Miles' is all about and World Nomads also helps local communities through their footprints project.

- World Nomads seem like nice professional people. We'd like to think we share a bit of that as well.

'A Thousand Miles' and World Nomads seem to have some important values in common and for that reason we decided to use this great site to host the blog of 'A Thousand Miles'.

 

Tags: The Planning Phase

About athousandmiles


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.