Existing Member?

New York New York Another day another adventure.......

The Farewell

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 5 August 2013 | Views [244]

Karen and I have just got into Dublin and I have a chance to reflect on my time in northern ireland and last nights farewell to Northern Ireland and the family.  it was very much four weddings and a funeral at my relatives house the entire time i was there which was both extremely funny and disturbingly spooky .we have been invited to no less than 3 weddings since the time i got there and the family have attended 2 funerals in the last week.  the last night there was a cracker of a night.  We went out to Blaney and the whole family attended - that is all the cousins and their partners.  We had a lovely meal and at one stage there was 3 bottles of wine sitting in front of me!  Some of the family had not seen each other in a while and there was much laughter and stories going on.  We crawled into bed after 4 but I had to be on my toes for the drive to Dublin the next morning.  The final farewell was harder then I had imagined.  I was overwhelmed when saying goodbyes especially to my Uncle Patrick and there were tears all round as I drove out the driveway for the last time. 

About asteinthal


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.