Existing Member?

New York New York Another day another adventure.......

Dublin

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 7 August 2013 | Views [284]

Dublin
After the very emotional farewell to my relatives Karen and I headed south to Dublin. We checked into the Westbury Hotel which was very lovely. We were a wee bit tired after our late night so we took our time to have a look around. Unfortunately it was raining but we headed out to Temple Bar. The Westbury is in a very good position with lots of shops bars and restaurants very close by so we were spoilt for choice on where to go. We had a drink in Bono's (U2) bar and then settled on Thai food for a change for dinner. The next day we went to Trinity College first and had a great tour with Henry - a very entertaining Irish lad. The book of Kells and the college library was also fantastic. We then hopped on a red bus that took us around the city and went to the Guinness Factory. Karen and I then headed home to get changed as we were meeting Jean's ( my brother Patrick's wife) brothers for dinner. It was a delightful evening. We started in the Marble Bar at the hotel and then went onto an Irish pub and then a lovely Italian dinner. Jeans brothers (John, Frank and David) and their wives and john's son Owen made up the group. There was a fair bit of laughter and craziness going on but we had to make it an early night as we were getting up at 5am the next morning for our flight to New York.

About asteinthal


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.