Existing Member?

Ashutosh's Journal ! I hope you enjoy reading about some of the small adventures that Ive had in my life span

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 1 August 2010 | Views [244] | Scholarship Entry

Greetings! My name is Ashutosh and I live in a city known as Chandigarh. I have a passion for experiencing culture, and being in a country which is known around the world as the melting pot of culture it only adds further fuel to my thirst for experiencing new things.

Being a student of architecture i have always admired the minimalism - monumentalism of many-a architects. My thirst for knowledge led me to experience my hometown as i had never done before.

My country is unique in its tradition and culture. my city is unique in its people but most of all.. its Architecture.

My work is about the abstract, grandiose, Don Quixote architecture of Le Corbusier, the Crow.

Le Corbusier is regarded as one of the fathers of architecture. A man obsessed about interpreting anti naturalist philosophy in buildings. It is unique to Corbusier who created a system called as the modular of incepting anthropometry with monumentalism, all in all to create visually stunning, overwhelming pieces of work.


Shooting my documentary led me to some breathtaking, flabbergasting sites. Places which were government restricted. shooting this video was a surreal experience. Why can't architecture be abstract like a piece of art, maybe like a painting? The trip to the capitol complex was like an acid trip.

The spirit of travel is what makes me want to make films. I wake up every morning and expect to taste something new. that is what keeps me going the whole day.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

About ashutosh


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.