Existing Member?

Ashutosh's Journal ! I hope you enjoy reading about some of the small adventures that Ive had in my life span

Before Sunset

INDIA | Friday, 22 May 2015 | Views [225] | Scholarship Entry

It all started three days prior to the events that had occurred, In pursuit of advanced learning, my education had taken me to the city of Ahmedabad for a three day conference to study grassroot level innovations from around the country at the IIM, the premier institute in the country.

We had settled into our seats to be greeted by international dignitaries around us., it was all all too exciting... or I thought.

In a chance encounter i meet Alia.
She was breathtakingly beautiful., reminded me of Arabian Nights, the fair pretty skin, her eyes were so captivating that i don't remember the eye colour. Talks and laughs with such charm, those long pretty hair...

The game, was on.

Ahmedabad is an 11th century town with a past as rich as a Mughal emperor, it is a place which has deep roots in the past, where different dynasties have over centuries carved a city with a unique flavour, sweet as orange blossom and fresh as jasmine, with a tinge of spice.

I had to discover this city, take in its effervescence, the same way one would with the smell of jasmine on warm May morning., and Alia was going to be my companion in our adventures for the next two days in Ahmendabad.

Our evening was spent in the university campus, which brought back memories of my own college days when i was studying architecture., it was very nice, the campus is an architecture specimen, designed by a great playboy architect. who's life we will talk about in another journal entry.

In many ways the campus reminded me of home., the style of architecture, the materials used and the philosophy behind the brick facade design was oh so familiar. Alia and I discussed about all of these things as we gorged on a local dish by the name of "fruit chaat", made from fresh fruits mixed with an array of exotic spices. As this sensory experience was unfolding around us, in its heat, we decided to make the most of our time before we retire for the evening.

We board a three wheeler taxi which takes us south west to Sarkej Roza., and nobody could have prepared us for what we were going to see.
Sarkej Roza is known as Ahmedabad's Acropolis. We had young boys playing cricket on the its vast base which was at the time of the year completely dry.
Amongst some couples doing couple things at the location, I couldn't help notice how Alia had covered her head with a veil, this was a tomb and she was broughtup in a muslim family.

We paid our respects at the tomb...
Our taxi was waiting for us in the sunset.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About ashutosh


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.