Existing Member?

Aisling Travels 2013 3months volunteering in Hanoi and whatever happens after that

Hoi An 9-11th April - Favourite Place Yet

VIETNAM | Thursday, 25 April 2013 | Views [498]

Oh my god, this is such a pretty town and I would definately stayed longer if i had the time on my visa. Although spent enough money there as it was so probably a good thing I only had a few days. Girls you would love this place, seriously you can get anything you want made for you and it like takes a couple of days! Its crazy!! 

First stop when we got settled in hotel/guest house was to a shoe shop where i got comfy sandals made (unfortunately only lasted to the end of vietnam :(  Then headed to Kimmys tailors where I got two dresses made and a blazer. Thinking one of the dresses will be for the big wedding in september. It turned out really nice and its currently on the way to Ireland via sea mail along with a lot of my clothes and a load of presents! but no one gets them until im home :) 

Hoi An has over 300 tailors in an area of the size of kiltimagh its totally crazy but the colours everywhere is amazing. Its such a pretty town with loads of boats along the harbour and lots of laterns everywhere. Very pretty place. 

We did alot of wandering around the place taking pics and haggling for presents. Also met a girl Katie who Id met in Hue, she came out to dinner with myself and Dan. We then went for a few cocktails which were very nice. 

 

Hoi An was the last stop for Dan so we said our goodbyes although neither of us are very huggy or anthing. Hopefully we will meet up when i get to new york in the summer. 

Tags: hoi an

About ashbyrne


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.