Existing Member?

Aisling Travels 2013 3months volunteering in Hanoi and whatever happens after that

Hue - 6-9th April

VIETNAM | Thursday, 25 April 2013 | Views [504]

Hi guys, gotten a bit behind with the blog but heres the one for the few days in Hue

 

Hue is a pretty city, a lot quieter than Hanoi which is a nice thing. Arrived at 7pm in the evening and hopped in a taxi to the backpackers hostel which was very busy hostel. Got room sorted and headed for some dinner. Got lovely fried rice that came in a pineapple which was pretty cool, unfortunately didnt have the camera with me for a photo. 

Dan went off with camera and i chilled out in the hostel ended up meeting a guy Danny from London and we headed down to the bar in the hostel for a few drinks. So met up with a few english girls as well. Fun few drinks

Plan was to leave the next evening but turned out more difficult than anticapated sorting Hoi An so we booked a second night in the backpackers. 

We then went to check out the city. We went to the Citadel which is old town surrounded by a river and moats. Very nice and got plenty of photos. Its quite big and they are re-building some of it as alot was bombed during the war. The stuff that has been rebuilt looks fab. 

After the Citadel went to look at the national Pagoda. Agter a few misturns we finally made it there. We had a random encounter with a Vietnamese-American guy there. It was his first time back to Vietnam since he was 10. Interesting prescpective on Vietnam. 

That evening took a walk down by the river to look at the markets after we went to dinner in a lovely restaurant. All the food on the trip has been very good. Love the fresh spring rolls. Had an early night as bus to Hoi An was pretty early. All in all a very enjoyable few days in Hue. 

Hoi An next! 

Tags: citadel, hue

About ashbyrne


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.