Existing Member?

Europe

nov 27

FRANCE | Friday, 3 December 2010 | Views [379]

November 27th

Good Morning from Montautre! We woke up this morning and centimeters of snow was on the ground. We knew it was coming because we brought the horses inside last night. It’s beautiful, even as it falls right now as I sip on my coffee.

Thanksgiving was on Thursday! They don’t typically have that around here, but we did! Norma is in NY and her friend Lacey is in the area, so I mentioned the idea to her and it took off. We had organic turkeys fresh from the farm with veggies in it. Homemade mashed potatoes and brussle sprouts. I brought some of my southern cooking to the table, a little nervous because it’s France, but then again what do I have to lose. I made deviled eggs, sausage balls, rosemary cornbread and dump cake. There was actually only one French man in the group. The two kind ladies were from America, but have lived here for the past ever. Then we had a gay couple that apparently run a good business here also, they were such a pleasure to be around, as was everyone who was there. They loved my cooking! I was a little nervous because the French man was like “we don’t cook out of the can”..and I was like, well then don’t eat it. J Miranda( one of the older ladies) got sooo excited when she saw the deviled eggs, she said they were her favorite but she hadn’t had them in years! Not only because they loved everything, but it was just a real blessed crowd to be around. We were to share what we were thankful for, as usual, and it was great to hear what everyone said. I thanked them all for being there to share that moment and tradition with me. I feel that you always encounter the good and bad people in life for a reason. I do hope to see them again before I leave the area. It would be a real pleasure.

The snow is falling like crazy. Today I have to clean the stalls and prepare them for tonight when we bring them back in. So lots of hay and getting their buckets ready with biscuits( as Norma calls them) or feed. The sheep I have been keeping a close eye on because they are all suppose to have babies soon. They seem to be doing well though. And the litter box, yuck. There are some things you just have to do. Regardless it’s Saturday and after I am done with the preparations, I can hopefully do some house cleaning and read. I can’t believe how the snow is coming down, it’s just pouring.

I hope my family had a good Thanksgiving, I am kind of shocked that I just chose to write off the Holidays to be abroad. It’s wonderful, but at the same time I should have known that I would be cutting myself short in a sense. Now that I have figured some big things out already, I am very excited to be returning home but now can really enjoy myself now that those mixed and confused feelings are gone! I am too blessed to not be with the ones who make me, me! I just realized that I need them, within driving reach at this point in my life. It’s not me returning back to the nest, but purely to the tree with strong roots. That simple

I must go now why I have this caffeine kick in me, I hope you have a wonderful day. Love you miss you.

About aroundtheworldigo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.