Existing Member?

Europe

TGIF 10/14

IRELAND | Sunday, 17 October 2010 | Views [515]

TGIF…10/14/10

I figured I would title this one TGIF…even though it really means no difference to me. But Friday is good, close to Tuesday and change, plus tomorrow is Saturday and I get to go to the Glasshouse tomorrow night and use the internet and have COCKTAILS! Ughh…finally-life.

In Irelands forecast today it is cold, wet, raining, and windy. I don’t enjoy being out in that, but so far most of my work is done for now. Maggie and Julia went to town, so they left me and Ramon in the poly tunnel to do work. I love slash hate gardening. I don’t know why I have those mixed emotions on it but I do. Like I would love to have my own greenhouse! I think they are wonderful, but sometimes I don’t enjoy the back breaking labor! Now when it comes to planting, I love it, it’s like starting a fresh new batch of life. I had to move dirt, hard dirt up to the edge, flatten out, dig, rake for about an hour and then I got to plant spuds. And for once, I believe Jeff knows what he’s talking about because I just did it. One night, for dinner, he was like “we got some potatoes” and I said “no they are rotten”. And then of course he went through his astonishing look and voice of “Maggie don’t be so stupid and be like lil Kimmie!”. J ! Basically the spuds had roots growing out of them and it doesn’t make them rotten. So yes Jeffery, I planted spuds with roots today, about 85 of them to be exact. I can now plant spuds, sweet.

My dreams are really starting to aggravate the shit out of me. I swear, I wake up and I feel like my mind has been spinning all night. And they are such dreams that would have no connotation to them at all, so it’s a waste for my mind to be going like that all night. Then I think about them and try to see IF by chance they have any meaning annnddd nope! Like for instance, last night all in one dream, I dreamed that I got a bike, like a street bike and then the more the dream went on it look like a moped( which took the cool part out of my dream) and we were at the old house over in Oakdale but everyone from the present was there. Then the dream took me to Amiee having another kid but it was a boy! They little boy was super cute but had the personality of a 20 year old, and then it had me walking around the outside of a mall. I mean is this not just pointless! I can’t wait to google How to quiet the mind will sleeping.

Yesterday I had to pick up poop out of the field again, but I didn’t get so worked up over it. Julia and I then painted the barn. I got up on a real latter. I mean a latter that leans against the house, no A frame about it. I was a little nervous….but I did it. We made more apple cake last night, and I tried to make Chicken fRickasee? And apparently to Maggie I made more of an Italian risotto. Wrong. Her or Europes idea of a frickasee is a white wine based sauce, and I just explained that it’s just a chicken casserole. It was actually pretty good, considering the only true ingredient I had was chicken, the rest I improvised.

On Wednesday, I didn’t get the seaweed bath because it left us too rushed on busing from here to here and being here by then. So we explored Sligos’ shops and pubs. I was the only one having drinks, Julia likes coke. Ahh cola that is. I found a wonderful store here called PENNYS! IT’s soo cheap. It’s like a rugged wear house but not cheap stuff,no holes or nothing and a huge store at that with fashionable stuff. I got two sweaters and a scarf from there. I also found this cute boutique where I bought 2 pairs of legging jean material pants. They stretch up top for my great flexible weight that I have, and they are super comfortable and warm! I just hate not having nice things with me. I’m young, I am aloud to look good when the opportunity arises! I did get mom a little something, I can see her now with it. She doesn’t even wear the necklace I bought her that has real diamonds in it!(Now that it’s public Ma, you should get a new chain asap). Besides my spending, or shall I say savings!(I never buy anything that isn’t reasonable or on sale) I will share with you the best part of my day. We happen to come across this pub that I just wanted a drink at, so we went in, sat at the bar, I ordered a drink and the next thing I know the bartender is telling me that I am literally at the best PUB in IRELAND. It was rated the day before! How cool is that. I might not get to explore all of Ireland, but yes I did have a drink at the number 1 PUB in Ireland. I don’t mind saying that.J All in all it was a lovely day, and for dinner we had greek night here at Maggies’ and it was sooo yummy!

I leave Tuesday to head to Dublin for the day, because I have an early flight the next morning. Ya know I don’t even have an alarm clock, and because it’s not a 5 star hotel I’m staying in, they can’t ring me in my room to wake up. Ugh..I might just pull an all nighter. I hate those if Im not partying….maybe I will!J Julia and I have become close in an odd way, not like a deep friendship where we know everything about one another but we have become just real good friends. Like Maggie knows that we don’t like to be separated when working. She is real sweet, the other day she said ”when you go to France, I just come with you.” Or she’ll tell me I can’t go and leave her here all alone. It’s nice to have a new friend, but someone to talk to also. Because when I get upset, which isn’t as often anymore ,Thank goodness, I go and talk to her. I don’t know if I shared it with you yet, but Ramon does have to leave. Maggie told his mom yesterday. And they are such a sweet family, she told Maggie in the text to tell me that I always have a place to stay when I am in Italy. I just think they need Ramon at home with a normal job, or volunteer work, I mean so many options they have to help him mature from a boy into a man, but putting him in a place with experience horses wasn’t the brightest idea at all. I can tell that Ramon is sad, I don’t know what to say. He is a good worker though. You just have to remind him to do things, because he forgets. It’s just best for him if he isn’t here.

It’s still raining and wet, I just want to lay in bed all day and do this, type, read and write. I kinda don’t feel all that good either, my tongue is turning yellow, and for those who don’t know that means I am starting to get sick. I already have a runny nose, itchy throat, and sneezing a lot. I’m glad I brought allergy medicine with me. Good thinking. I hope everyone has a good weekend. I don’t know when I’ll post again, but I’d rather skype before I leave for France.

Miss you love you.

Maggie

About aroundtheworldigo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.