Existing Member?

Europe

and it's Sunday in Sligo 10/1710

IRELAND | Wednesday, 20 October 2010 | Views [556]

And it’s Sunday.

I woke up this morning surprisingly early on my own, considering that we could sleep in today. My head is pounding, yes I have a hangover. Ohh I hope she doesn’t make me shovel poop today. It’s 9:30 here. Last night we went into town and got dropped off while she went to some prestigious dinner thing. I was going to enjoy myself, as usual, and especially on a Saturday night. I used my laptop until about 10 pm and well until it died. Finally convincing Julia that we are not babysitters for Ramon and Im not here to watch him. Like she told us not to let him drink! He’s Italian, yes he might be a little slow but he’s not stupid. He ordered a Guinness and Julia told him that Maggie didn’t want him to drink and he said “well Maggie’s not here.” I was shocked and surprised he said that, but he was right. So anyhow I convinced Julia to go to a pub with me, and we would have Ramon stay and lookout for Maggie. We went to a nightclub/bar called Schnangans! It was pretty cool in there, but once again I wasn’t dressed for the occasion. I know I just bought some things, but all the girls were in their heels and cocktail dresses, and Im in new leggings and boots and a sweater. I will have a night of heels before its over! But Juila and I enjoyed ourselves, two drinks for me and one for her! Better news I left out, so considering my converter is gone, well that would make my netbook dead BUT the Glasshouse is so wonderful that they had an American plug! YES! I got to charge it while I was gone. So before I leave I will go back in there and check in on everything and charge it up!

I must lay back down now and read, still not feeling so hot, and on top of that it’s so cold here! No central heating! I think she has but is just cheap. I’m sure I’ll type on later about how wonderful my day is.

I’m Back! It’s now 11:46 am. I am still in bed. As Julia woke up, I got up and warmed me up some homemade apple cake( I made) with a big scoop of melted butter and made myself some fresh pressed coffee, quickly climbing back in bed to read. Awwwww I just want to cry, I did. I finished my book and it was just wonderful. I wanted to cry for many reasons. One being, I can’t tell you the last time I finished a bookJ , but the other of every great emotion and level that I entered reading that book. The questions it aroused in my soul, the passion on certain topics that drove, just every stinkin thing about it was great. I am telling all of you to read the book EAT, PRAY, LOVE. Not only was it wonderful for me to read because I am on some kind of spiritual, searching for something, living my dream kind of trip but it’s hope gathered in 334 pages. Hope that it’s true that we don’t have to struggle our whole lives for happiness, that we create it on our own and merely how important it is to find and have balance in your life. Hope that I can maybe one day find love that is true, not a chore. And apparently sometimes I am doing myself right by making myself happy first before anyone else is aloud to be apart of that. Ahhh….I have to stop. Read the book. Don’t cheat yourself by seeing the movie, which I do like Julia Roberts, but reading it makes you process things, lets ideas weigh on your mind.

On a lighter note, this is funny. Brilliant Maggie that I can tend to be at times, always reminding myself that yes I am still Kym Roberts     daughter, I bought self tanning wipes. I had talked to someone in Ulta long ago about them, trying to see if this stuff really works and go safe by trying to stay out of UV light..or fake bake. So I bought some of these tanning wipes for like 1.50 Euro(can anyone tell me how to find the symbols for a euro on Microsoft works word processor???) I do think they work, but I now have super bronzed palms, whereas the rest of my skin looks the same. I’ll wipe again today and see how it works, but wash my hands afterwards. Joy. Okay well I must go make lunch, Julia will say to me.. “Maggie, I’m hungry..you cook lunch and I help you.” I tried correcting her yesterday, even though it’s so cute but she always says “I have to go to Toilet now“ or “when you get tired of this(painting) I go to Toilet.” So I told her that sometimes that sounds like you have to go poop all the time and to say restroom, or bathroom. And of course Maggie corrected me with that’s an American thing and it’s very common to say Toilet, in France that is. So we all agreed on saying Ladies and that sounds more polite. So yes I must go figure out some kind of concoction. Ahh and Julia just made me laugh again. She said “ uhh we can make some Eggs”. I wish you could hear her. She does have good English though. Okay I’ll return later.

 

About aroundtheworldigo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Ireland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.