Existing Member?

TARDISing Around

Apparently you've never been to Singapore...

SINGAPORE | Sunday, 28 December 2014 | Views [306]

26 Friday, boxing day. Made my way to Singapore. From KL I took the bus which takes about 6 hours, but if you go on Aeroline it is really comfortable. REALLY. I've taken flights with less confort. Customs is a pain but necessary. Note of warning, do not take Cigarretes, Alcoholic drinks or chewing gum into Singapore. The first two will be taxed upon entry, and chewing gum is simply forbidden by law.

 

The first thing I noticed in Singapore is that it is a really beautiful city. At least for me. Although I am sure most buildings will transform into giant robots or are sort of disguisedUFO's it is beautiful, spacious and clean. The feeling I get here is that this city is probably the most civilized in the world. There are two cities that I would consider myself living in: Lisbon and Rome. And now Singapore. I have a sensation when I am walking the streets that I am "home" here. Of course some people don't like it but I do. Some people also don't like Rome, and I could agree with them, but then I would also be wrong, so I won't.

 

As soon as I hit Singapore, dinner and clubbing. Attica club is really nice. Don't remember where it is. Near Robertson Quay, which is pronounces like Key, or Chi. Just ask around, I'm sure you'll find it. Saturday during the day, spent curing a slight hangover in the Arab quarter, which is really nice, and walking around town. Night after a really nice dinner with friends and fellow Whovians was spent in the hotel, resting. In Asia, party hard! But rest is also needed and I still have two more days to explore Singapore. Need to recharge the batteries.

 

PS. If you come to Arab Street via Beach Road, stop at a cafe called The Hangar. Really nice and great friendly staff. You'll notice it straight away. They have the sign that says they have Coffee Sandwiches Salads and Shit like that. Literally it's what is says. I love them!

About archeraj


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.