Existing Member?

TARDISing Around

If you never been to Singapore, do it!

SINGAPORE | Tuesday, 30 December 2014 | Views [298]

So... Here we are, last night in this great city. What to say that I haven't said on the last entry?

Lets start with food: Chilli crab and Chicken Rice. Both good, really really good. The quality of the crab is superb although I am not particularly fond of the sauce, I like it more plain steamed but it is still really good. As for the chicken rice, there is a food court near Chinatown that you can get from some food stalls. One in particular will have a huge queue, because it appeared in one of Anthony Bourdain's shows, but I don't think we as visitors will know the difference from that to the stall next to it. By the way, the stall in the middle of those two sells the most amazing fishballs stuffed with minced pork. Delicious!

 

Other than food, let me see: Chinatown is great to get souveniers. You can get any and everything typical there, from chopsticks to fans, stamping seals to magnets. You want it they'll have it somewhere. Also right next to Chinatown is a beautiful Bhudist temple. Like the one in KL, if you feel it, go there.

 

Next the modern side of the city, the Marina Bay Sands is spectacular. Go to the rooftop bar and enjoy the view of the full city. You'll recognize it easily, it's the one that looks like three buidings with a ship on top. I call it just the "Benny" because it looks like a SPACESHIP!

 

SPACESHIP!

 

Thinking of that... most buildings here look like... well... maybe that is why I like this so much.

In any case. Another maybe worthwhile trip is a quick stop at the Mint Toy Museum. It is not big, just 5 rooms with loads of toys that you can't play with but if you like old or classic toys. Honestly, go for it!

 

Finally, the beautiful S'pore Botanical Gardens. If you like to relax in parks like I do, you'll love it. The gardens are imense, with a huge variety of plants and lakes over its... I would say 2 to 3 Kms across. I walked a lot there, but had a really good time doing it. Other than that... unfortunately I didn't have time to explore the city. Tomorrow I'll see a bit of the Harbourfront Area before I head out to KL and will do a quick note on it as soon as possible. 

About archeraj


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.