Existing Member?

Are we nearly there yet?

The coffee horror

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 9 September 2011 | Views [708]

I have come to realize that there is no such thing in Bali that getting up late. I’m quite fine with that but I need my morning coffee to make sure that I am actually awake and not just sleep walking. When staying at Kuta the coffee served at the breakfast was quite awful. Luckily they had some white stuff resembling milk to put in it. However this morning my host Widia informed me that there is no milk at Bali just coppee which is their way to pronounce coffee.  At first look the coffee powder looked like instant coffee but I soon noticed that it was actually really finely grounded coffee that doesn’t dissolve in water. No need to say that when you mix it with boiling water you only get undrinkable black liquid. As I still need something to support my coffee addiction I’ll be heading to a place I saw yesterday called Starbucks.

After paying honey (59 000 rupees) for my huge mug of strong latte and espresso brownie I start to feel human again. My brain starts to work and I realize what I have done. I have spent a full bus fare of money just to get coffee. I decide never to do it again.

Tags: coffee

About ansku


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.