Existing Member?

Are we nearly there yet?

Free drinks in Kuta

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 8 September 2011 | Views [607]

I finally got around to buy myself a local sim card and got some money as well. I guess I looked suspicious cause the money exchanger insisted showing me their certificate so that I could be sure that I wasn't cheated in the process. I had a delicious dinner in the hotel restaurant, some grilled fish served with potatoes in garlig oil sauce. While having my dinner I met some people who were going out for free drinks so I decided to go along to see Kuta's nightlife.

I now know why so many people in Australia warned me about Bali being full of drunken Aussie tourists. But I can't blaim them. The nightclub gave us a VIP pass that entitled us to have free drinks from 10 till 11.30 and these drinks were not diluted by water. I had one sand in your shorts and one boys can kiss my *ss and I'm happy that I didn't have any more. The nightclub had several floors and a big terrace. A couple was asked to leave as they got too comfortable kissing eachother on the couch. There were no emply glasses anywhere as they were cleaned up as soon as you put down your empty glass. Ashtrays were emptied, there was a man mopping the dance floor among the dancing people and there was a lady in the toilet giving you a papertowel to dry your hands when you washed them. The tables were lid with candles and there was a fire show for entertainment. On my way home I got at least then offers for transportation from guys on scooters. I walked.

This morning the rooster obviously felt sorry for me and gave me one extra hour to sleep but after 7.30 the wicked thing felt no mercy. I decided to leave Kuta today. Not that it is a bad place to be but I want something else. I will go to Ubud which is about 50km to the north.

Tags: kuta, nightlife

About ansku


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.