Existing Member?

2 go mad in india the beginning

hare krishna

INDIA | Monday, 22 January 2007 | Views [580] | Comments [1]

Well well well I love it when a plan comes together. Yesterday we went for breakfast and decided we are gonna leave Goa earlier than expected. we were gonna stay here 2 weeks but feel like its time to move on. Althoughit has been fab here we both feel like it is time to start seeing the real India. This place is full of travellers (it seems) pretending to be spiritual I dunno maybe I'm just being a cynic but they seem a bit fake.

Anyway, we booked bus tickets to Pune for wed 24th and get there thurs morning. We are gonna travel round the state of Maharashtra were there are amazing looking buddhist caves, hill stations and a meteorite crater to mention but a few. We have been doing a bit of star gazing of late so the meteorite part appeals to the anorak in me. Then off to see the Dalai Lama in Bombay for the 31st can't wait, can't wait can't wait.

Last night was fun we went to a bar on the beach that had this strange heavy rock band followed by a dj playing punk cds. We got chatting to a tibetan guy who used to be a monk for years but found that he didn't want that life anymore so now is just a practicing buddhist. He was very cool and even breakdances which he quite happily showed us on command bless im. It was so lovely to chat with a guy who just wants to chat.a lot of them here think if you look at them it means you want to get jiggy as me and Soph have learned the hard way.

anyway enough waffle for now

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

Aaah - but isn't Goa a blast? I haven't been there since the mid-80's. I do remember sitting at Alex's Cafe and listening to "Smuggler's Blues" being played on an endless loop. Then there were the full moon parties down at the beach in Calengute. Among other things Goa is a dopefiend's paradise. My wife and I rented a cottage in Anjuna (or was it Mapsa) and in the morning I'd go to the local shop and buy a few mandarins, some bottled water and ask for 10 grams of white and 10 grams of brown (heroin). The shop owner would go across the road and get the bags from a hiding spot in a giant banyan tree. Ten bucks a gram (compared to $400/gram in the U.S. for that quality). Anyway - what can you say for a former Portuguese colony where Indians became Catholics and worship Jesus and Mary the Hindu way with deities and garlands? The best thing about going to Goa was taking the steamer ferry from Bombay -- a 24 hour beautiful and serene sail down the coast. Oh -- I long to be there again. Thanks for sparking some pleasant memories.

  Steve Hebel (Swarup Das) Mar 1, 2007 7:39 AM

About anniekaka


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.