Existing Member?

SAVOR it i'm your ordinary "plain jane" who got to see w. europe last year...and my journey continues this year to w., e., and mediterranean europe. check out my videos at www.xanga.com/the_tereber_song

charming cappadocia

TURKEY | Friday, 2 November 2007 | Views [571]

ah.  cappadocia.  goreme.  i REALLY could have stayed here ATLEAST 1 week!

fairy chimneys.  hot-air balloon ride.  (i've LOVED hot-air balloons since i was a kid)  gorgeous and multiple valleys and COOL natural rock formations of all kinds.  cave hostels and cave homes and restaurants.  sacred history of pigeons and their poo used for art.  cool tour guides and hostel owners.  shopkeepers who took my euro coins.  music videos playing in the lounge area.  free breakfast.  and turquoise (Turk-Stone) jewelry where i did my first shopping.

i stayed at shoestring cave and soon met a cute and ill japanese boy.  i felt so sorry for him since he'd been sick almost a week.  i kept telling him to go to the hospital.  poor guy, he wasn't sleeping and was in bed all day too.  one day, i asked him what he needed.  "1 liter of Cola.  And. Bananas."  i was like, 'what?!!' but his stomach got better soon after that.  you learn something new everyday, ESPECIALLY :) when you backpack.

cappadocia, i will be back...

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.