Existing Member?

SAVOR it i'm your ordinary "plain jane" who got to see w. europe last year...and my journey continues this year to w., e., and mediterranean europe. check out my videos at www.xanga.com/the_tereber_song

pamukkale

TURKEY | Thursday, 1 November 2007 | Views [581]

and i assumed pamukkale was a city, but NO.  it is like a village...a town.

calcite-laden waters have created these...travertines.  pretty and pret-ty neat to walk on barefoot and wade in its shallow waters.  the whistle was blown at me several times from a man at the top of the travertines...i just got off-track.

hierapolis - i enjoyed these quiet roman ruins.  i ended up hiking to the octagon shaped ruin and met an australian guy who was secretly BIKING around hierapolis, not to mention, all the way from the UK.  yikes!  security came by a second time and spotted his bike, ushered him off the grounds.

the best kabab i had in turkey was here in pamukkale.  i don't know what it was, but it was delish.  strangely enough, this family owned restaurant had a huge banner hanging with korean words on it!  too bad i didn't know what it said.

more kooky guys in tourism.  and one knew another and another...and it followed me to cappadocia...

i must say though, i was pleasantly surprised to experience how fatherly and respectful most older turkish men have been.  those with their own restaurants or in transit or running their non-tourism shops really have a good sense of pride in their work. i really appreciated their patience with such foreigners as me.

but got to go now.

Tags: adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.