Existing Member?

Botswana Pioneering Trip 2012

Our work begins...

BOTSWANA | Saturday, 11 February 2012 | Views [398]

Calebwe and his younger brother

Calebwe and his younger brother

Some of our workmates you might not know what we are talking about in some of these posts, but feel free to ask, if you have any queries please ask us.

 

Today we started ministry at the local group at 8:30, already 30 degrees but overcast so not to bad, Batswanans are lovely people and very friendly, almost everyone waves and says hello even when you are just driving or walking past. Local language is Setswana but most speak English.

We have just got home from an amazing day, spent 8 hours in the ministry, I only did about 4 doors, which took nearly three hours, as everyone is very respectful of the Bible and is very interested to have their questions answered. On most doors you shout CO-CO from the road, to let them know you are coming in and then enter the property, they usually give you a chair and talk for a few minutes about family etc, as it is rude to just get to the point of why you are there.

We then went on a few studies with a local brother Katongo, and Anna spent the day with his aunt Belinda. Anna already has 3 RV's to go back on and we are starting a study with a young man this week called Matthias. The territory is amazing, so many people want a Bible study, so they appreciate all the help they can get.

In one homestead today, Belinda had a study with a local lady, her 10 year old son Calebwe, a baptized publisher (pulling his brothers ears in the picture attached), was also studying with her young son. The other people in the homestead had such a desire to learn more about the Bible that they came up to them and asked them, "when can we have our own study?"

So it's been great after only a day here, and have many more days to look forward to if we can avoid getting eaten by mosquitos.

 

About annaryan


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Botswana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.