Existing Member?

LucyEthel Takes a Trip “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” Miriam Beard

T Minus 12 Hours

USA | Tuesday, 22 September 2009 | Views [286]

So now it's just the final countdown until the SuperShuttle picks me up.  They will arrive around 11 so this will probably be the earliest I have gotten to a flight since 2001.  I'll have to wait about 3 hours until I leave.  I hope the Kindle doesn't burn up.

Jack left around 4 today; he didn't even look back.  He jumped into the front seat, got the seatbelt on, and was anxious to be off.  I think he and Mary are going to have a really good time.  It's possible that Jack might get a little discipline and a daily work out.

I'm proud of my continued 'light packing' procedures.  I again managed to get everything into my carry-on although it's a little heavy.  I'm still under the weight maximum but I am probably going to need some help to get it lifted over my head.  If it wasn't for all the electronics power supplies, I could really cut the weight down.  Of course, the 17 spanish phrase books, maps, and travel guides add to the problem.

So, here goes.  Adios!

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.