Existing Member?

LucyEthel Takes a Trip “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” Miriam Beard

5 Days Before...

USA | Friday, 18 September 2009 | Views [308] | Comments [3]

I'm getting more and more things completed.  This will be the first time that I hire a shuttle to get to and from the airport.  Parking fees for such a long trip would rule out buying a new purse or shoes or something equally unneeded.  I will have more money for food though.

Getting clothes together is the typical frustration.  I now have laid out enough to cover at least the rest of my life.  The goal is to get that narrowed down to about 7 days.  I also have to decide which items will be left there since I always manage to add to the suitcase.  It's unfortunate that underwear and pajamas don't take up much room since those are the likely items.  I have considered selling my jeans since I have heard that Europeans are crazy for US denim.  But I love my NYDJ's (Not Your Daughter's Jeans) and doubt that I could sell them for enough $ to buy new ones when I get back.  Looks like I'll have to limit my purchases to small items--like jewelry.

Comments

1

How fun! I look forward to your travel stories....

  Valerie Sep 18, 2009 2:01 AM

2

How fun is right! I'm looking forward to your travel stories/journal as this is probably as close as I'll ever get your exciting "far away" places!! Have a safe trip.

  Pam Sep 18, 2009 9:51 AM

3

This journal is SUCH a great idea! I look forward to checking in on your stories as you travel on your adventure to Spain. As for packing your suitcase, remember that you can wear jeans until they either stick to the wall - or stand up by themselves. No need to weigh down your suitcase with uneccessary items! Go for more jewelry!

  Barb C Sep 20, 2009 12:40 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.