Existing Member?

Rigel and Erin A 10 month journey south along the Pacific coast, or so the thought is.

Twin Harbors

USA | Wednesday, 11 September 2013 | Views [314]

We did not end up riding in the dark back to camp at Potlatch as the fellow Bryan, Maggie and Kirsten were staying with gave us a ride in a truck back to our tent.  Alex seems to entertain himself now fishing, but is a retired security agent "for the federal government." Not sure which one, the US presumably.  Monday we woke up, left a note for the rest of our group, and rode south west.  45 miles to lake sylvia (making it the longest ride we'd done yet) and got there at 4pm, but decided to keep going to Twin Harbors.  This is a ride from the book!  We did a full 1 day, 75 mile ride as described in the book.  We were on the road at 8:30, and were setting up camp at 8:30 in Twin harbors in the dark.  That's a long day.  Still, we get a couple rest days out of the deal that we are enjoying for sure.  

Twin Harbors is a fishing community and yesterday we enjoyed a video about oyster farming done in town before buying a pound of "small oysters." Each one was more than a mouthful, and we probably had 20 in the tub.  We cooked them up with a lemon, white wine, dehydrated onions & garlic and butter.  Delicious!  Erin wasn't hungry enough for it though and now questions how much she likes oysters.  Dam! Still, just meant I got a huge meal out of the deal.

We've been eating 4-10 meals a day depending on our level of exercise.  I'm finding that erins fatigue level is directly related to how well fed she is.  eat more often, less complaints about soreness and how long the ride is.  Hoping to surf tomorrow.  Soon we'll be into Oregon.  The beach here is incredible.  Here's a photo of our Twin harbor camp. 

 

About animalrv


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.