Existing Member?

Journeys.... Let's explore the world by foot and take the highest road that has the most potholes...

Southbound cruise Days 3, 4, and 5 (Jan 12, 13, and 14)

TURKS & CAICOS ISLANDS | Friday, 16 January 2009 | Views [521] | Comments [1]

Cool dude on deck..

Cool dude on deck..

Day 3:  The day after Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, we arrived at Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos, for a few hours of beaching and snorkeling.  (As we pulled in, the MS Eurodam cruise ship was just pulling out.  It's the newest and biggest addition to the Holland American line, and it's the ship that we'll be taking to Europe in April.)  Got some time in on the treadmill in the  morning.  The gentle left and right motion of the ship adds a new dimension--trying to stay in the middle of the treadmill!  Left in the evening for Aruba.

Day 4:  We spent the entire day steaming due south from Turks and Caicos, skirting the eastern end of Hispaniola (Dominican Republic), with Puerto Rico a dim shadow to our east.  Anita made me walk 16 brisk laps on the ship's promenade deck, for a total of four miles, got in some reading, saw a pretty entertaining magician/comedian for the evening show, and watched "Iron Man" in our room.

Day 5:  Docked at Aruba in the morning, took a minivan tour of the island, spent some time on the beach, and walked about three miles back to the cruise ship terminal (a bit farther than we expected).  Trivia:  "Antilles" was originally "Isles Inutilles" or "Useless Islands".  We watched "There Will Be Blood" in our room.  It was either extremely boring, or way too deep for us to understand.  (Bernie, was that your recommendation?)  Left in the evening for Santa Marta, Colombia.

Comments

1

"There Will Be Blood" has actually been sitting next to the TV for about 4 or 5 weeks - haven't worked up the enthusiasm to watch it. Now I'm really looking forward to it! Have been watching and thoroughly enjoying "Dexter" though.
The slots news is good. Now you need to get on the card tables. Put on your formal clothes and hone your gambling skills with all the elders before you hit the Europe cruise.

  Bernie Jan 16, 2009 4:34 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Turks & Caicos Islands

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.