Existing Member?

Journeys.... Let's explore the world by foot and take the highest road that has the most potholes...

Day 4: Sunshine and Scones!

USA | Saturday, 8 November 2008 | Views [397] | Comments [1]

The Hunt

The Hunt

Beautiful Day!  The sun was out early, the birds were twittering and Vinnie was singing!  Got out the door at around 9 am and walked over the hills.  We only got lost one time and that ended up better than we had planned.  Walked the actual Roman Road for a stretch, walked by a working watermill, saw a hunt with hounds in progress, lots of sheeps and then headed back to our village for tea, coffee and crumb cake (The scones and tea was yesterday) My shoes worked perfectly, Vinnies left his just a bit pinched on the baby toes.  He is going to switch over to his new hiking shoes and see how those work out.  It is going on 4 pm here and the sun is still out unlike the past few days.  Total trekking time was 5 hours of non stop fun!  Mud wasn't too bad.  Trek:  Bourten over the water - Lower Slaughter (great town) - Upper Slaughter - Lower Swell - back to BOW.  Cheers!  

PS: I almost died today...You could have blamed Vinnie.  We were crossing a very busy road at the end of the day, he yelled "Let's go" and if I hadn't stepped immedialty behind him I would have been nailed by a huge truck.  Thank goodness I didn't see it coming until I was almost across the A road.  It took my breath away...almost for good. :)

Comments

1

Be careful, woman! Your stocks haven't improved yet!

  Bethanie Nov 8, 2008 9:33 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.