Existing Member?

Live as if this is all there is!

June 22, Gyeongju to Seoul, South Korea

SOUTH KOREA | Sunday, 22 June 2008 | Views [763]

After talking to the owners wife, Kyle and I decided it would not be a good idea to ride in the bus for 7 hours to Sokcho, so we took two trains to Seoul.  Before we left we went to a PC café and found a ton of boys playing video games!  Then we grabbed a sandwich and went to the train station.  It was a pretty uneventful train ride, and when we got to Seoul, we confidently took the subway and then walked to our hotel.  We stayed at the Sunbee Hotel two nights in a row (another Lonely Planet recommendation in Insadong).  It is so refreshing not having to pack up and move each day!

After checking-in we went to do the usual, find food!  We saw so many young couples on the street with matching shirts on, Kyle and I were inspired to get our own matching shirts, but never got around to it.  We stopped at a little restaurant and I had curry and rice and Kyle had some noodle, actually Kyle ordered the curry but I didn’t like the noodles so he let me have his!  They had squid in the noodles and I was so sick of seafood by this time.  After we ate we people watched for a little bit, and then went to the huge book store.  It was tough being in this huge bookstore but then only be limited to a small section of English books, and not be able to read any of the other books in the store!  I got a novel to read, The Historian, strangely about Dracula, but so fat it is a good book.  Then we went off to have dessert.  Green tea ice cream over shaved ice, with cherry tomatoes (strange but good) and we had a pomegranate milk shake (by the way I have not had enough calcium since I left!)  I have had maybe two glasses of milk the whole time I have been gone!)  Insadong is known for tea shops, and this one served dessert as well.  We had a great table on the second floor over looking the street, with these huge swing out windows.  While we had our dessert Kyle watched 4 different people scope out this pile of trash to see if there was anything good in it!  Then it was off to bed!

 

 

Travel Answers about South Korea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.