Existing Member?

Live as if this is all there is!

Trip of a Lifetime? not sure

USA | Wednesday, 28 May 2008 | Views [1014] | Comments [15]

A week from today Kyle and I will be on an airplane on our way to Japan.  He is so excited, he randomly jumps up and down and yells "We're going to ASIA!!"  He is a big man in our little house, so this is quite disruptive.  Kyle is calling this a "trip of a lifetime." I don't want to call it that. To me it implies that this is the only time in our lives that we will get to take a trip like this.  I really hope it is not the only one!  Kyle thinks we can have more than one trip of a lifetime.  He was describing it like we will never have another trip like this, because we are young and we don't have a ton of money, and we are kind of taking the trip on a whim.  If we ever take another big trip like this he thinks we will be in another phase of our life, so then it could be another trip of a lifetime.  I don't buy it. 

If I had to pick a trip of a lifetime, I think it would have to be my first trip to Japan, where I met up with Kyle after he had been on deployment for 3 months.  We had been apart with little contact for a long time, then I traveled thousands of miles alone to meet him.  This is also the trip where Kyle and I feel in love with Asia, and got the travel bug.  Before we even left Japan we were planning our next trip!  We had wanted to go to South America, but ended up in Ireland!  We don't really care where we travel to, since we want to see it all.

Well, now back to Asia!

Tags: angela, asia, cambodia, japan, kyle, laos, south korea, thailand, vietnam

Comments

1

Congrats! This sounds like so much fun!

  Claire Scott May 31, 2008 1:42 AM

2

Ya'll are so freakin cute and the most perfect couple I know. Have so much fun and enjoy this time together! Love you guys! Thank you for letting me share this with you. I look forward to hearing more.

  Christina Labriel May 31, 2008 1:52 AM

3

Hello my Children!
So good to see you've got a website that we can follow you with. I am really proud of you both. This is quite an accomplishment at your age! Well, this is one thing you can mark off your "Must do before we die" list!
Take good care and watch out for each other. Steve and I love you both and look forward to your entries.
Much love and God Bless, Your "California Mom"

  California Mom May 31, 2008 2:09 AM

4

Having been bitten by the travel bug early in my life, I can tell you that the only way to survive the letdown after a trip is finished is to plan the next one! So there is never "the trip of a lifetime"--there is only "where I am going next." Just so you know, Jules and I will be in Thailand again from Dec 1, 2008 to Feb 26, 2009--a perfect opportunity to get out of the Minnesota cold and take a quick trip back to (what I think will be) one of the highlights of this fabulous trip you are planning.

Looking forward to being a vicarious traveler with you, Eleanor

  Eleanor Jun 1, 2008 12:42 AM

5

You guys look like you are having sooo much fun!
Be safe..

Where are you going in Asia -- that was one of my favorite trips.

Take Care you two!
Heather

  Heather Jun 1, 2008 2:09 AM

6

So...I discovered today that you have been cheating on me..yes...apparently you have another SD Mom....<br>Anyway, enjoy and be careful....<br>Love you both

  Margo Jun 1, 2008 10:26 AM

7

We are excited for you two and we hope you guys have a great time. You two are great ppl. and you guys deserve this trip. Can't wait to see all of the stuff you two will do and see out there. Anyways you two have a safe trip and we will keep in touch.

  Brian and Taunya Jun 2, 2008 12:48 PM

8

Hey Kyle (and Angy, who I hope to meet one day)!
I´m just coming home today to Minnesota, after visiting Venezuela, Colombia, and Ecuador (Quito was my favorite!), but wanted to wish you both the best of luck (not that you´ll need it!)
Thanks too for keeping us informed!
Jerry Kramer

  Jerry Kramer Jun 2, 2008 5:38 PM

9

WOW~!!!

  Nami Jun 3, 2008 1:57 AM

10

You Two, Oh I'm to emotional right now to even write. I'm going to miss you brats too much! I love you very very much!

Love
M

  Mom Jun 3, 2008 2:33 AM

11

Have a wonderful trip - come back with many many think to talk about and memories for the two of you to last a lifetime. We will miss you - take care -
Love you
Sharon & Mike

  Sharon and Mike Jun 3, 2008 6:49 AM

12

I am so jealous! You two are going to have so much fun. I just flew back from Vegas today…pales in comparison to where you are going. Have fun, take lots of pictures, and call me when you get back.

Talk to you later.

  Levi Jun 5, 2008 1:13 AM

13

Well, they are on their way, they over slept this morning as Kyle turned off the alarm and went back to sleep, yikes! But, with a lot of scrambling around the bags were packed and off to the airport. A few tears from myself and welled eyes on them, off they went. On their great adventure (pipedream)! Keep them in your prayers.

  Mom Jun 5, 2008 2:32 AM

14

Wow! You made it! It sounds like even the first day has been quite an adventure! I'm excited to see more pics-so keep em coming! Take care of each other.
I love you both very much!
Alison

  Miss Alisinner Jun 7, 2008 2:38 AM

15

Yeah you two!!! Been meaning to write but have been ....oh you know! I miss you both but am sooooo excited for you that I can't miss you too much! In San Antonio right now doing mine own travel (for work though). Got to see the Alamo today, which was very interesting. I am so glad that you have this sight set uo so we can keep in touch and I can feel like I am traveling with you two. Thanks for letting me share in this experience with you both, love you lots!!!- Crazy Jenn

  Jenn Jenn Jun 13, 2008 9:02 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.