Existing Member?

Two girls, one cup of noodles

Fun with Friends, Part 1

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 2 June 2013 | Views [474]

Friends and family and strangers we have yet to meet!  Welcome back to the blog.  I will refrain from apologizing about our time away from the blog because I will have to apologize every time going forward.  Never did I think we'd be having so much fun to be unable to frequently update our stories and pictures, but alas, it has happened.  We are simply having too much fun to update the blog at intervals less than three weeks!  Here's what we've been up to.  (Spoiler alert:  Prepare to be jealous.  Like, really really jealous.)  

The time had come for Jennifer and I to leave Thailand.  Not because we wanted to, but because our visas into Thailand were expiring.  We needed to go to another country for a few days then re-enter Thailand to get a new visa. (This is known as a border run and will be referenced again.)  We were aware of this as we planned our adventure, so we planned to visit Cambodia first.  Jennifer and I are fortunate enough to have some amazing friends, including ones who like to travel and wanted to visit us while we were on our Asian adventure.  So Sadie and Robin met us in in Phnom Phen, Cambodia.  Jennifer and I were incredibly excited to be reunited with two of our best friends after 60 days!  

Cambodia was amazing.  I never expected to like it as much as I did.  I think we were all pleasantly surprised.  The people were so friendly and spoke fluent English.  This was a welcome shock after being able to communicate so little with locals in Thailand.  We visited the Killing Fields (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_Fields)  in Phnom Phen and Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angkor_Wat) in Siem Reap.  If you (yes, I'm talking to you!) ever have a chance to visit this part of the world, you must visit both.  Incredible experiences.  

 

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.