Existing Member?

scared traveler

Edinburgh Pt 1

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 12 June 2016 | Views [391] | Comments [1]

When leaving glenridding, it was a quiet morning, pretty much spent the day resting a lot! I was able to walk around the lake and eat with the peacefulness. I was able to try some English proper tea and a broccoli and cheddar cheese soup. The proper tea was very good after a 2 minute brew, with milk and sugar. The soup was disgusting as it barely had any flavor! I was able to complete another 5 months on my photo journal which takes me to honorable mentions include Annie Brown & Jerry Yang’s weddings, and Tiffany Yang my cliff diving partner! From Glenridding I observed some castle ruins in Penrith, pretty lame and then had a Mcdonalds burger which was absolutely disgusting. It is even worse than in America which is very surprising! Loved the train ride to Edinburgh and met some cool roommates James and Victoria who we went out to have a beer at a bar! First time I got drunk in Europe! I also did a free walking tour where I got to see the Greyfriar cemetery, tom riddle’s grave, and the torture house in the church area. Very funny to learn that shitface actually came from people who were drunk in the morning but hung around rich people’s houses where they threw shit onto the ground but were drunk. Also visited the Scottish museum today and learned that James Watt is from Scotland, he ruined so many days in college. Scottish people have actually been under British parliament since 1707, and also don’t have a last name Campbell in Scotland. Also did a Whisky tour which I learned about the amount of angel share lost during the years of aging the Whisky. Also learned that butter is different in many different areas of the world depending on the dairy quality of what people eat! At night we ended up eating some great food at Kebab Helal, very cheap and a lot of food especially the super fresh Nan bread that we got! I ended up eating food with Renee and Robyn who were Canadians traveling around the world! At night we went to a bar called Panda & Son’s which was like a speakeasy but super posh. Totally felt underdressed there but were able to take Whisky Shots for 6$ so much cheaper than America. Robyn and I actually went to find the Brazilian dance club but we had some amazing conversation on the way back! She totally reminds me of myself with all that energy for one person! She reminded me that sometimes we just need a little something different, and that I should just keep going on the trip! Not going to lie,its so freaking exhausting to keep changing places. I have been averaging 9.2 miles a day walking and 15 on a day of hiking. My advice to myself, is to rest every 7 or 8 days!

 

Check out pictures for my travels at http://wuberlife.com/blog/

Tags: edinburgh, haggis, oink

Comments

1

I need more updates!!

  Jason Jul 26, 2016 12:14 PM

About andywu217


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.