Existing Member?

scared traveler

Edinburgh pt 2

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 23 June 2016 | Views [345]

After a couple of nights of staying out, its finally time to cruise around on my own for a bit. I woke up this Sunday morning and spent some time grocery shopping for meals to cook around. I was able to walk up to arthur’s seat a bit but there was too much fog near the top so I felt no point in going up that far. I actually did visit a small coffee shop called Brewlab who actually made really good iced coffees. It was super cozy and purposely had spaces for people to work on their laptops! I really enjoyed the atmosphere and it was quite relaxing for a Sunday! That night I spent a lot of time working on projects and keeping in touch with people through emails and updated my photo journal to the Sunday. During this time I was also able to visit Edinburgh castle and got to see the sword and crown that the queen would use when she knighted people! There was also a huge cannon which I think hydraulically requires too much work! I was able to learn a lot about the different types of soldiers that Scotland employed to fight for Britain including the dragoons! Pretty crazy to see also the evolution from sword to gun over time for the horsemen! I was also able to climb Arnold’s seat today as the view was quite clear! Once I got to the top the views of Edinburgh were completely 360! Even though it was quite misty, it was a gorgeous view from all sides and the fact that the sea was showing was amazing! The climb wasn’t too bad on the way up and the paths were well marked. Definitely spent some more time today walking around and looking around the park enjoying the hills and the sights from all different elevations! I loved the fact that this park could let you walk around for hours without making it to the top of the attraction. I spent the night catching up with people and working on my affiliate website. The next day I woke up and went to a different hostel, that had much better wifi! The hostel was on the new town side so I was able to walk up and down the shopping area and then found a book store which gave me some new ideas on some books to read during my travels. Newtown was mainly a shopping area but I did get to spend 30 minutes in the museum looking at Scottish art! It looks like the effects of impressionism and the era’s we learned in school effected all parts of Europe as well. I had a relaxing night of working and watching a jagerbomb train happen in the bar next to the hostel! Was great and thank god I got to the laundry first, there were at least 8 to 9 people waiting. It took forever! I finally enjoyed a football game with some fries and a burger! On the day I was leaving Edinburgh, the weather got so much better! Oh wells there is always next time! Onto Glasgow!

 

Check out my pictures of this trip at http://wuberlife.com/blog/

Tags: arthurs seat, coffee weather, edinburgh

About andywu217


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.