Existing Member?

scared traveler

Lake Windermere June 2016

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 9 June 2016 | Views [427]

Today was crazy as I left the hostel a bit early to make sure I got to my train. The train was delayed but I found these cool waiting stools. Essentially its just a diagonal stool that you lean on but don't really stool. Great learning experience for waiting on trains and also the public transit system is awesome. Despite missing my connections the train company automatically verified the route for me though I finally arrived at my destination 3 hours late! I was able to complete 6 months of my photo journal as I waited though so that was a plus. Some honorable mentions that made it into my photo journal, Annie Brown, Jun Wakayashabi, Jenga Lee, Tony Chai, Victoria Tang! After finding the hostel I was able to take the ferry across the biggest lake in England. Even though it was slightly cloudy the views were amazing especially at the pace of the ferry boat. Breathtaking mountains surround all sides of the lake :)!! When I got to Amberside it was very small cozy town. I really like the feel as it reminded me of work sometimes where everyone was willing to help you get around. I actually got lost and 2 strangers helped me back into the town which was a blessing. My boat's last trip would have been at 5:40pm so thank god I got there right at 5:39 pm with the help of others. The town had a very cute stream with a cute overpass, definitely loved the vibe. On the ferry back to Winderemere I almost passed out on the boat but the sun came out which got me even better pictures.

Today I also found out there is no transportation to my destination of Glenridding tomorrow, which is sad, I don't want to hire a Taxi as that might be super expensive! Time to go research if I can make it there tomorrow!

 

Check out pictures for my travels at http://wuberlife.com/blog/

Tags: amberside, beautiful, cozy village, lakes, windermere

About andywu217


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.