Existing Member?

scared traveler

Manchester United June 2016

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 7 June 2016 | Views [326]

Today I got to see the wonderful Manchester United stadium. Never have I even had an interest in soccer, but I decided to see the stadium to immerse myself in the culture that defines itself here in Europe! Football has quite a history spanning back to the early 1900s! Manchester United actually has had alot of famous players and a awesome coach that led them to winning a title for the last 26 years starting before 2013. The football team also has an intense youth program which I thought was amazing, they actually recruit very young soccer players (between 14-17 years old) and train them for years to be on the official team one day. Thats almost like a super nice paid atheltic scholarship for young players with talent. Totally dope! The stadium tour was great as you got to go to the changing rooms of both the home and away teams! It felt like you were actually a player with others there! Also got to sit in the VIP section where the nice chairs and felt like governor of the city! MU also had a very sad tragedy in the older days when many of there players got lost in a plane crash caring the Busby's. Other than that its amazing to watch the one or two goals that get scored during a soccer game. It truly made me appreciate the sport more than I thought. 

I remember a bit about the city today, its actually alot like San Francisco realkly hipster! There were a bunch of areas that had alot of graffiti art even though it was a nice area. The city downtown near the Town Hall was having an October fest in June which means they start really really early in this drinking festivities. The city itself also had a weird china town that consisted of a chinese Arch but the stores didn't seem as authentic. I did buy bread at one of the chinese bakeries it was pretty expensive considered to 85 degrees back home in California. They had a gay district and a bunch of high end mall development which was really awesome! National football musuem was cool as I learned alot about how the game was played.

 

Check out pictures for my travels at http://wuberlife.com/blog/

Tags: manchester united, manchester united stadium, soccer

About andywu217


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.