Existing Member?

scared traveler

Manchester, UK June 2016

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 6 June 2016 | Views [498]

Over the last day I have finally hit Manchester my first destination! Was really scared coming off of the plane and didn't even realize how to get from the airport to where my hostel is! Finally found the hostel and checked in with alot of patience. Upon entering my room there were 2 girls Ashleigh and Jessica who were really cool. They took me to a pub called Wetherspoon and you can bring kids into a place where there is a bunch of people drink beer! The beer was only like 1 pound more as an addition to the meal! I learned a bunch of language differences between the UK and US. For example, a jumper is a sweatshirt, a trainer are shoes, rubbish bins are trash cans, and last but not least sidewalkds are called paths. Also no one in manchester obeys the traffic laws, I almost got hit by a tram while walking around! Proper hamburgers in England are not worth it! Every hamburger join kept talking about proper hamburgers and turns out thats just a normal term that they use in the UK. United states hamburgers are so much better! Was able to walk through a variety of musuems, on the second day including the manchester cathedral, peoples history musuem, musuem of science and industry, john rylands library, and visit the picadally gardens! Manchester Cathedral had this intense detailed design on the wood work. It was a smaller cathedral but the archtitecture never ceases to amaze me.  The MOSI had the first ever train station ever built in the world. Was absolutely surprising how much thought they had put into the first train station. Also the power room had a bunch of old school engines, and being the engineer i took to understood all the gear and also found a big ass steam engine. Love that engineer life! John Ryland library also had a bad ass reading room, could you imagine having these in college? Freaking dope and felt like I went to school at Hogwarts. I also met a girl called Vanessa and Clara today who were in town for a variety of reasons! Vanessa was from singapore and she was traveling while she was studying in England. Clara is here on a work placement from France!  They showed me a bunch of travel pics and where they have been which got me more pumped! Time to keep going on this adventure! Traveling is not as scary as I thought, going to still work on my personal goals of keeping in touch with people in general. Try to learn more about people's lives and open my eyes more. My other include keep workingn on my affiliate website and develop that online income to support my travels!

Check out pictures for my travels at http://wuberlife.com/blog/

Tags: john rylands, manchester, musuem of science and industry

 

About andywu217


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.