Existing Member?

Where Ever I Lay My Head

Welcome to the blog

THAILAND | Friday, 25 April 2008 | Views [613] | Comments [2]

Jen and I have landed in Bangkok, Thailand, and are staying at the K.C. Guesthouse in the Khaosan Road Area. We arrived at about 3 a.m. on August 23, and slept through until 10 a.m. today. We got up and went to breakfast, then collapsed back in bed until 8:30 p.m. We're still pretty tired, so sleeping through the night shouldn't be a problem. Loving the food though, and our place is brightly painted with giant sunflowers, elephants, buddhas and Thai kings. Jen's parents are arriving on the 28th, and Amy shortly after that. We think we'll all be able to stay in the same guest house to limit the confusion.
 
For those of you who didn't know, Jen and I are spending the next 14 months travelling South East Asia and Thailand. Call it a pre-wedding honeymoon!
 
On the flight over, we were surprised to find that all of our seats had been separated! Aack, more than 24 hours on 4 legs of flights would have been awful. Then our first flight was cancelled, but our bags went to Detroit without us! But not to worry, it all worked out in the end. Thanks to a lot of polite and patient argument at each boarding gate and some sympathetic airline workers, we were able to sit together the whole way, and were even bumped to Business Class for the San Francisco to Tokyo leg. Instant Karma's gonna get you! Yay!

Tags: first update

 

Comments

1

Looks good uncle andy and aunt jen. have fun and be careful. love you! katey, mike and riley

  Riley May 2, 2008 5:32 PM

2

Thanks so much for the message. I'm glad everything worked out for you so far. I'm sure you both enjoyed your time with Jen's parents. Please be careful Vaya con Dios.Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

  Veronica Roche May 2, 2008 9:10 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.