Existing Member?

These boots were made for walking After spending a year on a University exchange trip I'll be heading back home to Canada at the end of November. I'll be taking a couple detours on the way home stopping in New Zealand and then Hawaii.

Maui

USA | Thursday, 15 December 2005 | Views [481] | Comments [1]

Hey Everyone

Sorry I haven't added an article in a while.  I've done so much lately that I will have to try my best to keep this brief.

My last day in Auckland was amazing.  I started out with a walk along the wharf and then headed to skytower.  Since hearing about it I had been debating whether I wanted to do the wire base jump that they offer off the tower.  After debating for a few days and finally finding a coupon that offered 25% off I decided I had to do it or I would regret it later.  The jump was great.  Basically, you are attached to a couple wires and then you jump off the tower (think a smaller CN tower for you Canadians) and fall 192 m.  It's really quite controlled and very safe (don't worry mom).  It's absolutely amazing the views you can see from up there.  Since they actually had a down period where they had no other jumpers, they let me jump again for free.  Lots of fun.

After that I went to see the new Narnia movie.  Lots of it was filmed in New Zealand so it was nice to be able to see it just after touring the country.

I finished the day by going to the free Christmas in the Park concert with a girl from my dorm.  The concert was pretty good, not really my kind of music but a good atmosphere. The fireworks at the end were fantastic.

My flights to Hawaii were good.  Actually managed to get some sleep.

Once I got to Hawaii I found out that my flight to Maui had been delayed so my planned 7 hour layover became 9 hours.  When I finally got my flight I the plane turned out to be this tiny commuter plane.  I was the only passenger!!  The pilot was really nice though and flew low so that I could get a view of the mountains on the way.  Absolutely beautiful!


My first day I joined a tour offered by the hostel.  We spent some time on the beach and did a hike of the Iao Valley which was great.

Yesterday the tour drove to the other side of Maui to Hana.  We saw some amazing beached and swam in a cave (lots of fun even if it was the coldest water) .

Today I will be going snorkeling so I'll let you know how that goes.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

Comments

1

hi again andrea! you must be having such an amazing time!!! all i keep saying to myself when im reading your entries is 'wow'! keep having fun! miss you heaps xoxo

  shakira Dec 16, 2005 8:44 PM

About andrea


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.